Friday, January 14, 2011

Philippines, here I come!! On May 25, I will be flying out of Seattle with 6 student midwifes & Terry Rodgers, who has been a midwife for 30 + years. Our other stops consist of LA, California; Seoul, South Korea; Manila, Philippines; & then on to our destination of Davao City, Philippines.

So, why am I going to the Philippines? Mercy Maternity is a Christian birthing center that serves approximately 20,000 women & delievers 15,000 babies annually! They do this all free of charge to their clients! Mercy Maternity is supported by the student's tuition. Meaning, the money that I pay to their facility for the opportunity to learn, is being used to keep Mercy Maternity running to serve the Filipino women.

Every morning, the midwives have a worship time & share the gospel with all the pregnant women before beginning the day. Due to the large number of Filipinos that this birth center serves, students get a lot of opportunity to practice skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment