First shift - complete!
I was expecting to just shadow for a few shifts, but the supervisor gave me two postpartums right off the get go. I was slightly overwhelmed, but more because I was having a hard time finding the supplies and remembering all the new protocol procedures. The language actually didn't escape me too bad...only forgot a few words and phrases so far - that I know of. I had a hard time communicating with the patients if they didn't speak any English, but if they spoke a little bit of English, we could communicate well.
Right before endorsement, I was given a labor to check in and take vitals. Everything was within normal limits - WNL, except that pulse was high. I endorsed her right after taking all vitals and Kuya Felix drove me home.
Not a bad start to my time here!
Yeah Jordan! I am so glad to hear that the language has not escaped you and that you are already back in there doing what you love! Praise the Lord for this amazing adventure and ministry opportunity! I miss you a lot but am so glad you are doing what you were made to do! Love you! Little sis
ReplyDeleteHey Kayla! I miss you too! Yes, I am praising the Lord for this opportunity! :) Love you too!
DeleteWhew~ Talk about getting right to work! Sounds like you've already had a few adventures since your arrival. I'm finally getting to catch up on reading your posts! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThey do get us right to work! My pleasure - I enjoy sharing :-)
Delete