Thursday, October 2, 2014

Since my last post, I have been able to chart a birth! It really helped boost my confidence in getting ready to handle a birth myself.  Since being here last time, the protocols have changed, so I have been a little nervous to try handling a birth, because I didn't want to do it "wrong".  With being able to observe/chart the birth, it helped me to see what the changes are, so I think I am ready to handle now if needed.  My preference though would be to assist a birth before catching though.
Went on Agdao outreach yesterday.  There are a couple of places that we go to do prenatals, then the women come to Mercy to deliver.  We had 6-7 women show up, of which I got to do two.  Both were healthy and so very simple to do & I only had to ask a few questions of the supervisor.

It has been so much fun to see everyone again.  Most of them didn't know I was coming back and it has been fun seeing the shocked looks on their faces!

Working swing today...hopefully I will be able to at least do an assist! :-)

6 comments:

  1. Midwifery continues to be your gifted calling. Thank God for another opportunity to use your gift and in your favorite place....... on foreign soil! :-) Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am so thankful that I get this opportunity to be over here delivering babies :-) Love you too!

      Delete
  2. I have often thought about learning midwifery, Jordan! I so enjoy hearing about it even though the Lord hasn't led me to learn it as of yet.:) It's fun to read your posts though I'm very green on this subject for sure~ It must be so neat to work with expectant mothers! I had the privilege of watching my sisters birth in the hospital two years ago. That was the first time I got to see a birth and it was such a neat experience. I really admire the work God is calling you to do and will keep you in my prayers! Another neat thing is that my Dad was adopted by a Dutch couple but his mother and her family are Filipino. He just recently found her and we have been able to learn more about our ancestors. So the Philippines will also be special to me even though the Lord has laid Alaska on my heart and given me open doors there, knowing that is where my Dad's family came from! Will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley,
      That is so cool! Midwifery is an amazing calling & while there may be super intense & sad moments, it pales when you have the opportunity again and again to hand a healthy baby to the mother :) Thank you for your prayers! I greatly appreciate them!
      That is so cool about your dad! Do you know where his ancestors live/d?

      Delete
  3. Jordan, I am excited that our Lord is using you greatly as you keep learning and being teachable. I pray you continue to seek the Spirit as you endure. Just remember our endurance produces character, and character produces hope. Blessings to you sister, and I am looking forward in your next post. ( Q: Do many people have children over there? It seems like a full time job!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey brother,
      Thanks for the encouragement! I am hoping to do another post later today. :-) Yes, there are a lot of pregnant women over here!

      Delete