A few days ago, I started a shift short on sleep. The shift was crazy, not in the fact that we had lots of births, because we only had one, but that one was mine & I only got a little bit of time to lay down. I don't think I ever slept before she came in. She had her first baby, a boy at 12:55 am. It took her a bit to stabilize, so I checked vitals every 15 minutes for over 3 hours. Upon standing up, she fainted due to blood loss, so I inserted an I.V. Excepf for my supervisor telling me where to insert, I did it! I was so happy that it was a success...guess all that drawing goat's blood for the past couple years paid off :-) Thankfully she stabilized right before endorsements.
I was so glad that Heidi & I got a shift together...we really haven't been able to work much together & unfortunately she leaves soon.
After shift, I jogged for about 1/2 mile...felt so good! =)
Well, hope you get some sleep but it was good to hear another report! Praying for you!
ReplyDelete