Monday, January 19, 2015

Worked night shift on Thursday. Was hoping for a quiet shift, but it turned out to be super busy lol. God gave me strength though, and I never really felt tired. At 10pm, I was endorsed a labor. She labored well and had her baby girl at 12:12am. Then I assisted 2 births. When it was getting close to endorsement time, I checked on my patient and was taking all her vitals when I heard my name called. A patient had showed up pushing...this was at 5:40, and I caught her baby at 5:45. Everything went smoothly with all the labors/births! This was baby #19 and #20!

Saturday night, I and to my friend's b-day party and spent the night at her house. We stayed up until 1:30!

Got to go to church the next day and then went ziplining. Went batman and Spider-Man style!! Loved every minute!!

Caught baby #21 (59) today! This patient walked in smiling and didn't look active at all. One of the other midwives was first up, but had gone upstairs to work on something and Mary started checking her in. She noticed the patient looked much more active then we originally thought, and seconds later this girl was squatting and pushing. Less then 5 minutes later she walked into the clinic, I caught her baby boy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment