Friday, February 20, 2015

I got to go on a wonderful adventure/trip to Marbel, Philippines for almost 2 weeks.  While there, I made many new friends, participated in new activities, and learned so much more about God.  I am so thankful that I got to go!

Found this abandoned kitty tucked up next to a rock.  Of course, I couldn't leave it there, so brought it home & began bottle feeding it.



I took Miming, Lucky, or Hersheys....yes, he had three names, lol, with me to Marbel.  



 By the time I left to go back to Davao and then the states, he had grown quite a bit, was getting playful, and would follow people around.
 Stayed the night at a resort on Lake Sebu.  Here are a few pictures...




 Breakfast consisted of egg, rice, and tilapia.  

The next day, Ikai, Karla, & myself went on a zipline.  Here we are preparing to "fly"!



 A girl dressed in native clothing.  A sign that I found & thought it needed a picture taken of it. ;-)



 Washing laundry - Filipino style 


   Sang in front of church. 



Ciel and I travelling to different parts of the city. 


  I got invited to the Pastor's birthday.


 Nanay Bet and her husband took Ciel and I to a hotel overlooking Marbel.  We also got to sing some karaoke.  











 I got interviewed and sang a song on the radio!




I was also blessed to be able to visit the office of CEF - Child Evangelism Fellowship.

 

 Right before I left Marbel, I visited this place.  Isn't it beautiful?  We also went to another location where we swam for awhile, but didn't get any pictures from there.






These two pictures (above & left) are of pineapple fields.
 Rice fields (below right)


 A birthday party/Bible study that I joined.











2 comments:

  1. Wow! What wonderful adventures you had, girl. I admire your bravery on that zipline....

    And awwwww...the poor wee kitten! He's so young to be left on his own. Good thing you found him and were able to take care of him. So were you able to bring him home with you, or did you have to find a home for him there?

    God bless,
    ~R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The zipline was so much fun! It was a little scary the first time though...lol

      I left him there...it would have been too difficult to bring him to the states. He's doing really well though :-)

      Delete