Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Time to update :)

  The count of babies is now 21!!  If you guessed that the latest 5 have been girls…..you are right!  All the births went well.  Moms & babies are healthy – for which I am very thankful! 

On the 26th, I arrived at MMC at 7:40 am.  Prenatals began at 9 am & ended at 1:30 pm.  I had enough time to change into scrubs before returning to the clinic at 1:45.  I was endorsed an immediate postpartum.  Everything was normal until an hour before endorsements, when baby began breathing too fast.  So after endorsements, baby was still breathing too fast, so Claire & I transported the baby.  We went to a different section of the hospital.  Being there made me again realize how blessed we are in the states.  Never take the care we have there for granted!

I got home around 11 pm. & to bed around 12:30 am.  5 am came around quickly & after a quick breakfast I arrived at MMC for Day shift.  I caught a baby right after endorsements – little Marry Grace. 

  After endorsements at 2 pm, I went with a friend – Lindsy – to a local Filipino restaurant.  We didn’t have long there as she had a Visayan class, but we enjoyed ourselves. 

  I then took a nap from 3:30 – 9 pm & went to Night shift.  There were 4 babies born that night!!!  In between assisting/charting, I had 1 1/2 hours of sleep, before my labor came in at 9+ cm.  She progressed well & had her baby at 4:50 am.  A big 7 lb 1 oz girl, named Arianna Mae.

  Right before endorsements, 2 labors came in – both conts.  So, we had about 4 postpartums, an immediate postpartum, 2 conts, & another labor.  I ended up staying there until 8:30 am. 

So, that has been my life for the past 2 days…..

4 comments:

  1. Good grief! Another 5 girls?! What is happening over there?
    ~Brett~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've been busy, girl! What pretty names the mothers give their babies, and praise God they were healthy (I assume the one who was breathing to fast is doing well now?).

    Prayers,
    ~R

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jordan,
    I can't imagine better schooling than catching babies. Do you ever get time to just hold them and look at them? That would be my favorite part. And meeting so many new people. What kind of food did you get at the restaurant when you went out? Have you thought about the differences in culture between the Philippines and US? I mean like really thought about it. Have you thought about your favorite part? Is there anyway to bring a piece of your Philippine culture back with you? hmm I don't think you can bring back any of the babies. :) besides that? Praying that the Lord be preparing your next step when you return. Surely things won't be the same.

    ReplyDelete