Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Day shift on Saturday - my time, was super busy for me. I was first up, and was endorsed a labor that I sent home. She was in nursing school.  I ended up taking her as my cont. Soon after she left, another patient came in that I sent home as well, as she was in early labor. A third patient came in that I transported due to preterm labor.  When I arrived back at the clinic, another patient in labor showed up. I got to care for her for awhile, but swing shift came on, so I endorsed her care to the next team.

That night, I got about 2 hours of sleep tonight before getting called in to come to Mercy as my cont that I sent home yesterday had arrived in labor.  Unfortunately, she had had SROM several hours earlier, and so I had to transport her.  There is a chance that if she had come in right away, and started doing labor stimulation, she would have been able to deliver at the clinic. It was so difficult to have to transport her.  

I was scheduled to work Day shift, so I just stayed at the clinic. I was endorsed a patient who was in labor.  She was actually the other one that I had sent home the day before. She labored for a long time, & I thought I was going to have to transport her multiple times, but the baby was born at 11:29!! An adorable little boy! My 7th handle since being here & my 45th handle in all! 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jordan! I've been really busy getting ready to go to Colorado to visit a friend so I haven't been on here much, but you are still in my thoughts and prayers! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete