Tuesday, December 6, 2011

USA

I am here.  Safe & sound.  Man, it’s weird to understand most everyone’s conversation.  Thankfully, there are still people that are speaking to each other in a foreign language.  It was awesome when I was boarding the last plane & there were a group of people speaking Visayan….it helps the transition…..

There was a Korean guy sitting next to me on the last plane ride.  He was really nice.  We talked for a few minutes….especially as we got near landing in the Seattle/Tacoma airport.  it is his first time here & he is really excited to be here.  When the plane landed, I turned to him, and said, “Welcome to America.”  Wow!  I know that I am here, but…I don’t know how to describe it….though I know that I am here….I don’t know it.  Again, for those who haven’t been out of the country won’t understand.  Anyways, it will be interesting to see what I think of America outside of the airport.

By the way, Ashers & Heids, I saw a Starbucks in the airport….so I am sure you know what I did…..  I bought a White Chocolate Mocha….for those who don’t know, that was my favorite in the Philippines.  It definitely has a different flavor between here & the Philippines.  (I like it better in the Philippines.)

I slept for an amazing 2 hours during my entire trip.  I feel great though, but I will probably crash at some point.  Hopefully, that won’t be until later tonight. 

3 comments:

  1. I know I said it on the phone, but I'll say it again: WELCOME HOME! :-D It was wonderful to see you and hear your stories. I especially liked the darian (sp?) fruit and the cute wittle kitty...and the motorcycles packed to the gills with luggage and people. LOL!

    And while I've missed you, I can tell your heart is still in the Philippines, and I hope and pray God will give you another opportunity to serve there.

    God bless, and have a Merry Christmas!
    ~R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jordan!!! I miss YOU!!! I am glad you arrived on American soil safely. The baby boy kitten you, Heidi and Ashton found is thriving at our house. We named him Mo. I hope you adjust smoothly back to the North American weather and surroundings.
    ~Christina M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jordan! Welcome Back!
    I'm sure it's a little bittersweet to be back Stateside,but I know your family is lovin it :) ...and who knows where God will be calling you next, so hang on, there's another adventure around the corner! Thanks for blogging :) It's fun to keep up.

    ReplyDelete