Well, my time here has ended. I said goodbye to most everyone the night before I left.
Heidi, Ash, Marie, & I went to Boodles for dinner. Ash & Heidi had taken all the interns there when we first arrived, so it just seemed right that we should eat there again before I left.
On the way home, we found a kitten mewing. He was only about 3-4 weeks old, & very little, cold & wet. He was in someone’s yard, & we couldn’t reach him, but Ash got him to hold onto a stick, which she began to draw to me, so I could grab him. He fell off, so a Filipino climbed over the fence to get him for us.
When we arrived home, we gave him a bath in a dish & then bottlefed him. Christina & Josh took him, so as a companion for their other cat. He is SO cute!
After I said my goodbyes, Ash, Heidi, & I watched a movie, then tried to get a few hours of sleep before I had to leave. I think I may have slept a little, but am not sure.
At 4 am, I woke Ash up & after eating breakfast, I finished saying goodbye to people.
Kuya Romi drove Heidi, Ash, Sylvette & I to the airport. After unloading my conticos onto a cart, we hugged, said goodbye, & hugged again.
I got on the first flight ok & am right now flying from Davao to Manila. Should be arriving in 45 minutes. Skies are clear & absolutely gorgeous!
I am doing better now. When the plane took off, it was accompanied with tears & a heavy heart.
I know that God is calling me back to the US for a bit, but it doesn’t mean that I won’t miss the Phils, or have tears. I do look forward though to what God has in store. It’s going to be amazing!
I will miss you, sisters, so much!! I greatly enjoyed my time. Thank you for everything. You are totally awesome. Keep up the good work & the Lord be with you & keep you safe in everything you do. Keep in touch. ..hopefully our paths will cross in the near future…. LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment