Airport time in Manila....keeping in contact with family/friends at home!
Lydia & Annie Barnett
Sarah & I got seats together on two of the plane rides......Sarah slept most of the time on both rides though :)
Julie & Anthony Sheplay
When we landed in Manila, we went through Immagration and Customs. It went really well and smoothly. We filled out some information cards and they let us all right through without needing to ask us any questions. It was nice!
We took a airport shuttle bus in order to board the plane to Davao City. The ride went well & we were all able to travel together. When we began checking in our luggage, we found to our dismay that this airport charges extra for any checked-in piece of luggage that is over 44 pounds & for any carry-on that is over 15 pounds. We tried to get them to change their ruling - somtimes they will for people that begin their destination from America or other country - but they didn't. So, most of us were charged extra to get our luggage through. So, if you are planning on coming to visit us, don't pack too much! :)
There are so many similarities between the Philippines & Africa! It is almost like being "home". (For those of you who don't know, I feel God leading me to serve in Africa someday.)
The sights, sounds, food, way of driving, are all pretty similar. Did I mention heat??? :)
The house is adorable that we are camping out in. I will try to get some pictures of it on here soon.
Because the two-year students are graduating today, a lot of us girls are going to be doing birth room shifts today, instead of having a few days of recuperation. Sarah & I will be doing night shift. I am excited & a little nervous. I wasn't expecting to go to work the night after I arrived! Everyone is super friendly!
Hey Jordan! I'm so glad to hear how well things are going! It's been alot of fun to read your blog and Sarah's to get both of your perspectives on the trip so far.:)
ReplyDeleteWhew! Praise the Lord for his help and direction in the luggage. That was an adventure for sure.:)
I'm keeping you girls in my prayers! Lord bless you!:)