We were endorsed 2 continued postpartums & a labor on Swing. I received one of the postpartums. She was having trouble with getting the baby to nurse, so I spent a lot of time helping. Then I had 4 baby checks come in for me. 2 of them were normal & easy, but 2 of them had complications. One of the babies had a bump on its head that showed up last Saturday & the other had a bad cough, so I referred both to the Dr. I will be seeing them this Saturday to make sure that they are on the mend. (note: they didn’t come in, so hopefully that means that they are doing better.
The pt in labor had given birth by this time. She needed suturing, so I asked to observe. I got to observe until another labor came in. I was next up, so Julianne & I checked her in. She was a 23 year old G2P1.
After we admitted her, I went back to observing the suturing job. With that finished, I ate dinner. It was a delicious squash soup, BLT’s & a squash cake.
Another labor came in. A G10P9! We knew that she would go fast! :)
My labor was progressing well. I brought her in to recheck FHT’s around 9 pm. She didn’t want to go back outside, so I knew that she was getting close. Sure enough, about 10-15 minutes later, she had SROM & began pushing. Ate May came in to supervise, Julianne was my assistor, & Michaela charted. Right after my patient began pushing, Jamie’s patient began pushing, so Michaela charted for both our labors!
My patient delivered a healthy boy one minute before Jamie’s had a girl!
Daniel
From left to right…
I am holding Daniel, Michaela holding her baby boy, Ate Mayflor, Julianne, & Ate Jamie with her baby girl. It was a great night shift!!!
Haha, you finally got one named after me! lol I was beginning to get worried. :P
ReplyDelete~Brett Daniel Harned :)