While on Day on the 24th, I received a text from my cont – Luane, stating that she was beginning to feel pain that came & went in her belly every 2-3 minutes. I told her that she could come in if she wanted, & didn’t hear back from her for about 3 hours.
As my shift was drawing to a close, Luane came in. I knew that I wasn’t going to be going home now! I brought her into bed 4 & checked all her vitals. Everything was normal. Then I checked her dilation - 9+ cm – only an anterior lip remained!
So, after positioning her on hands/knees, I labored with her for about an hour. Luane really wanted to push, but could breathe with her contractions. I then let her try pushing. She pushed effectively, & after only a few pushes there was 4 cm BOW visible.
We moved her onto her back – the normal delivery position here & baby was born in the caul!! A healthy baby boy, born at 3:08 pm.
Her bana fell in love with his baby at first sight! It was so cute to watch him care for Zian.
I stayed with her until 10 pm, and then endorsed her care to the night shift. At 7 am, I was back to discharge & do her first postpartum. Everything was WNL.
I sure enjoyed the opportunity to really get to know Luane before delivering her baby. It was the first time that I had been able to spend so much time with someone before delivery & it was great! :)
Another boy! Looks like the ratio is evening out. ;-)
ReplyDeleteWhat a happy Mama! And while Papa looks a little camera-shy, he's holding his new son very proudly. Praise God for yet another healthy birth!
Miss you, girl.
God bless,
~R