Sunday, November 6, 2011

11/1/11

  On 11/1/11, I was endorsed a 17 year old girl nicknamed Mick Mick.  She labored well really well with her bana being really supportive & making sure that she stayed hydrated, exercised & went to the CR frequently.  When MickMick was resting, he rubbed her back.  At 4:49 pm, Xhandrai Khyle was brought into this world. His father, Arnel, completely fell in love with him.  He carried him around, proudly showing him off to family, friends & other midwives.  IMG_0559

Arnel watching over his son.

IMG_0560

Proud parents!

  Another patient that was in labor, was being taken care of by Juniper.  This was Juni’s first time up to catch, & I was really hopeful that I would be able to observe her handle.  Her patient’s bantay was really cute…wanting to see everything that was going on….admire the other patient’s babies, watch the midwives do everything. 

  Juni’s patient progressed well & Juni was able to catch with Ash’s help…the shoulders were a little sticky & there was a nuchal cord.  Juni did amazing with coaching her patient every step of the way. 

  It’s amazing watching these new girls learning & beginning to handle & knowing that I was in their shoes just a few months ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment