I labor watched the entire night! My patient, a young G1P0 came in smiling. I thought that we would be sending her home, but on observing her contractions, they were long & hard already. By I.E., she was 7 cm.
After a few hours, her contractions were palpating really weird. The fundus never fully relaxed between contractions. Vania asked her if she had put Magson on her belly & the answer was “yes, four hours ago.” FYI, Magson is an oil that helps relieve pain, but causes crazy contractions. So, I had her wash it off, & the contractions began to normalize. Even now, she was still able to smile some of the time.
I really wanted to deliver her baby & thought that I would be able to, but as endorsement time neared, began to wonder. She began pushing around 5, but then we realized that there was still an anterior lip, so moved her to hands/knees position & told her not to push.
After letting her rest for a bit, we allowed her to try pushing again. This time, she was fully, but still progress was slow. I decided to endorse her care to Sylvette.
Heart tones dropped drastically – 70’s to 100’s even with lots of head stim. We gave O2 to the mom…heart tones came up a little bit, but were still quite low. SROM was thick stain, so we prepared PPV & deep-suctioning for when the baby would be born. The first A/S was 4. Baby began to do a little bit better & all the Day shift was here, so I left. I found out later that the baby was transported to the hospital….we aren’t sure how he is doing….but, will hopefully know in a few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment