Monday, July 18, 2011

7/17/11 – Julia

  I was endorsed a labor on night shift - July 16/17.  All vitals were normal, but as I was checking dilation, the BOW broke.  Oops.  Now we really were on a time schedule to deliver the baby!  This was 10:30 pm.

  Reychelle spent the first hour walking around outside & drinking lots of water.  I spent the time praying that she would deliver within normal limits. When she came back to her cubicle at 11:30, her bana & bantay didn’t come in with her, so I massaged her back during contractions & talked with her between contractions.  Reychelle had an ultrasound with this pregnancy, so knew that the baby was a girl.  She named her Julia. 

  Her mother, bana, & bana’s mother came in & shifted between being supportive & making comments that weren’t very nice.  Of course, most of the speech among themselves was in Visayan, though when talking to me, they spoke very good English.  As Reychelle neared pushing stage, they became much more supportive. 

  Jenna was a great assistant & really walked me through what to do during the pushing stage.  Julia was born at 3:24 am.  She weighed 2550 grams – 5 lbs, 10 oz.

   Everything went well throughout the postpartum stage.  IMG_7682

3 comments:

  1. Yea Jord!
    Three girls!
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. When the count hits 3,000, it will still be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each baby is a miracle. Praise God for another safe delivery!

    I can't get over how tiny newborns are...what a little sweetpea. ;-)

    God bless,
    ~R

    ReplyDelete