Friday, October 31, 2014

Day shift started off bright & early.  I arrived at the clinic around 5:45 and was immediately given a patient - even before endorsements, as she was already pushing.  After about 30 minutes of her trying to push, and no progress, I did an I.E. and found that she was 8 cm.  So, I encouraged her to breathe with the contractions and go into hands and knees position.  She did for a bit, but then because she was tired, she ended up kneeling on the bed with the contractions, with me massaging her back, and laying down on the pillow wedge between contractions.  Her baby girl was born at 8:58 am.  


Her immediate postpartum went well and smoothly, which was really good, as I charted/assisted a birth an hour later.  Once I could leave the cubicle, I checked in on my baby, then completed a 3 week baby check.

My patient was stable, so I was getting her moved into our postpartum section of Mercy, when another labor walked in.  Te gave her to me, so I finished getting my first patient settled into her bed, then checked my new patient in. She was fully dilated, so pushed for awhile.  Heart tones were super low on the baby - dropping down to 80, so we had to keep her on her side. At 11:47 this adorable baby boy was born! Despite his low heart tones during labor, he perked right up after he was born!






Pictures of my two kiddos...aren't they just adorable! The girl only weighed 2650g & the boy was definitely smaller...I didn't get time to weigh him before endorsements. This shift was absolutely amazing! :-)



A picture of myself & 2 of the other midwives on shift.  There was a total of 4 babies born, but one of them I wasn't in the cubicle for, as it was born soon after my first baby, and I was busy with all the immediate postpartum checks. This shift was absolutely amazing! :-)


4 comments:

  1. Wow, Praise the Lord Jordan you are doing fantastic. It looks like your are definitely being the hands and feet four our Lord. You keep being a Matthew 5:14 kind of women and I am positive God will bless you greatly. I am still praying for you consistently and waiting with anticipation what the Lord will do with you next. Keep you Spirit towards Him that gives life abundantly!! "bendisyon"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, praise The Lord for all that He has blessed me with and taught me! I am definitely trying to be a faithful Matthew 5:14 woman. Thank you for your continued prayers! How are you doing?

      Delete
  2. I'm finally getting caught up on your posts as I was out of state visiting a friend for two weeks!-This was neat to read about! I take it, it was an absolutely amazing shift!?;)

    ReplyDelete