Ok, so one of my followers posted some questions in the comment box. I answered them there, but also thought I should post the questions/answers here for everyone to see. Please feel free to continue asking questions - it helps me know how and what to post :-)
Her comment: What all is entailed in being someone's personal midwife? Do you do house calls at all? Is that an open door for witnessing?
My response: To be someone's personal midwife, you exchange numbers, every time she comes into the clinic for anything, you are called to come in. This might mean that you just got home from a shift or exhausting day at the clinic & have to turn around and head right back to Mercy, or sometimes they deliver when you are on shift already. No, we don't do house calls. We have an open door with any patient that walks in to witness, but having a continuity patient helps because we have more time with them & get to know them better. :-)
I had to smile at this post!;) Thanks for taking the time to answer even though it's so busy!
ReplyDeleteMy pleasure, Ashley! It makes it fun to post when I get so many responses....thank you! :-)
Delete