Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Had a great swing shift!  Got to deliver my 3rd baby and 1st boy since being back in the Philippines! She went from 5cm to baby out in about an hour! This mother was 19 years old and she had a 2-year old girl. She came alone to the clinic, very rare for the Philippines, and only had one visitor, an Aunt who dropped by some food and left.  So I ended being her bantay for the day. The bana is not involved at all.  This girl doesn't speak much English and clearly didn't want to talk about anything, so I ended up just praying for her.

2 comments:

  1. What's a bantay? Glad you could pray with her! That's the best thing you can do. Sometimes talking can actually be less effective or leave you feeling unsure. Prayer always works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bantay is basically just a companion :-)
      Yes, I agree with you!

      Delete