On August 8, 2011, we had a really busy shift. There were 4 babies born this shift!!! In fact, these past few days have been really busy, with at least 4 patients up to 12-15 patients a shift! I was endorsed a labor, Mary Joy, nicknamed Joy. She speaks English really well, so we were really able to communicate. Joy handled her contractions really well, until pushing. I checked on her often. When she began pushing, I told the midwives, but due to the busyness, the Supervisor didn’t come in until the end! The baby was born came fast, but there were no tears!
Immediate & continued postpartum went well with no complications.
I am getting the hang of all the paperwork & postpartum things that need done. With my first birth, I wondered if I would ever get the paperwork all figured out & done in good time, but now, it’s going much better. I find that It’s actually pretty easy now.
I take it, then, that the baby's name is Amanda? Hee, another girl!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you're really getting this midwifery thing under your belt. Thanks again for sharing your adventures with us home folks.
Prayers,
~R