Thursday, August 18, 2011

Baby girl 8/17/11

  Cristhel, a Christian 15-year-old girl came in to Mercy in labor.  I had done a prenatal on her, a few weeks ago.  She told me that she wanted a girl, so I was hoping for a girl too! :)  By examination, she was already 7 cm!  I checked on her every 30-60 minutes.  When she was getting close to pushing, I stayed with her, encouraging her & helping her breathe during the contractions, instead of pushing.   

  Cristhel did really well & when it came to push, she listened well & breathed when we told her to.  After 40 minutes of pushing, she delivered a baby girl – 5:45 pm!  That was the longest pushing stage that I have had yet! 

  Baby (they haven’t named her yet) did really well throughout labor & postpartum.  They will hopefully be coming in today for a p.p. check, & so I will get pictures then….

No comments:

Post a Comment