Saturday, August 27, 2011

A Lovely Vacation day 5

  Before Deanne had to get to the airport for her flight home, she was able to observe me do a few prenatals.  I was so thankful that she got to see what Mercy has to offer & what I am learning.  I really enjoyed my time with her!  Thanks Deanne for taking the time to come visit me!  I will always remember our time together & hope to see you again soon!

  I took my 2nd cont today….oops…I think I forgot to tell you about my first cont.  My first is 21 years old.  G2P1.  She speaks English really well.  Bonnamie is anemic & has a UTI, so we are working hard to get that gone before she gives birth.  She brought in some new labs & the UTI is getting better!  She is due in September.

  My 2nd cont is G2P1L0.  With her 1st pregnancy, she went into premature labor & after a 7 hour labor, delivered a stillborn.  (the baby was alive at the beginning of the labor & the doctors don’t know why the baby girl died)  Jovelyn speaks English really well & really wants to do what is best for her baby.  Her hgb is slightly low –117 (normal is 120 +) & she has a slight UTI 6-10 wbc (normal is 1-5).  When I told her that she had a slight UTI, she responded with “maybe that’s because I had soft drinks this week.”  So, I told her not to have any soft drinks & drink lots of water.  She is 35 years old.  Jovelyn is due November 8, so there is a chance that I won’t be able to deliver her baby.  But, I will be hoping & praying that I can.  Oh, one prayer request…. she got an UTS, and it shows that her placenta is positioned down low.  So, she will be getting another UTS to see if it is still low in October or if it has moved up. (sometimes as the uterus grows, the placenta will “migrate” up higher).  If it remains low, then she will be getting a caesarean.  When I asked her if she wanted me to be her midwife, she got so excited & gave me a handshake “to seal the deal”.  :D

1 comment:

  1. what is a cont and what does G2PI and G2PILO stand for.
    Kayla

    ReplyDelete