Saturday, June 4, 2011

6-4-11 Day Shift

The first while was very slow, but around 9 am, 2 clients came in, who were in labor.  After checking all vitals, we sent them home as they still had a ways to go.  Sarah & I were able to observe another labor…..I now have 5 observations & 1 charting done.  I just need to chart 2 more & assist with 5, then I can, if they deem me ready, be the Primary Midwife!!  The delivery went really well & another boy was brought into the world!

I helped with 2 postpartum check-ups.  I worked with Christana, and she very patiently & fully explained everything…..allowing me to be the full charter!

After Day & Swing shift were over, Kamarie, Chantal, Sarah & I went to Victoria to shop.  Victoria is huge & very busy!  Chantal found a shirt that she liked, Sarah a swimsuit – she needed a new one, & I found a shirt & dress.

Tomorrow, Sarah & I are on Swing Shift….

P.S. Sorry that there aren’t any pictures….I forgot to take my camera with me…..

2 comments:

  1. The experience that you are getting daily is amazing! Thank you, Lord!!

    Fun that you are getting the opportunity to see the area and, of course, shop a little :-)
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jordan,
    I am enjoying following your adventure through this blog.
    What an experience to be able to witness so many births!

    I was wondering if you could explain to me what it means to chart a birth?
    Praying for you,

    Lauren Rust

    ReplyDelete