Again I am first up – which means that I probably won’t get any sleep….or at least not much anyway. I was right. Christina endorsed a buntis – pregnant – woman to me. She had a high fever, was only 1 cm dilated, & the baby was showing signs of trouble, so I transported her. Now, I am up to 7 labors & no babies. I am getting more confident with the process of checking in women.
Ging Ging walked in at about 11:20 pm. She was 5 cm dilated & 80% effaced. Baby was at 0 station. Everything being normal, I checked on her the next hour. Again everything was progressing normally. Around 12:50 am, I was getting really tired. So, I contemplated asking someone to wake me in an hour after doing the next set of vitals. When I did the next set, I spent some time observing the contraction strength, length between ctx, & duration of ctx. They were coming every 2 minutes, lasting 45 seconds, & moderate to hard by palpation. I was just getting ready to leave, when her whole body language changed. “hmm, maybe I won’t be leaving.” I thought & woke the supervisor to let her know. About 5 minutes later, Ging Ging was pushing. She pushed very effectively. At one point the baby’s heartbeat dropped to 80 bpm. I began doing head stim. Ate Estef helped me do head stim & baby’s bpm picked back up. When baby was born, I put her – yes, it was a 6 pound 10 ounce girl – on her mother’s belly. Once they were stable, which took very little time at all, I began all the paperwork. Mercy has a very thorough paperwork system – one that if I ever set up a birth center, I would reciprocate. The parents named their daughter Rose Jean. Isn’t that a pretty name?
Here she is!!
Paperwork!! The bana is standing behind me.
Precious memories!
The proud mother – Ging Ging.
Thank you Lord, for a healthy safe delivery.
ReplyDeleteAnd, as most babies like to enter the world, on night shift! We are very proud of you and thank God for this time in your life! Miss you!
Mom
PTL! Your first delivery! How exciting--and thank God it went so well. Rose Jean is a precious little bundle.
ReplyDeleteGod bless, and congrats!
~R
I enjoy following your blog and am very excited for you. Can't wait to hear more.
ReplyDeleteFrom your little sister, Kayla
Yea!! Praise the LORD! Just what you have been waiting for!
ReplyDeleteCorbiniaster
YEAH!!!! I can't explain it, but every time I read your blog, I cry! :) I am so happy for you! What a precious time! Rose Jean is a very pretty name! Love and hugs, Auntie Barbara
ReplyDelete