When I arrived for this shift, I had the opportunity of bathing & doing a full Newborn Exam on a baby boy born just a few hours before my shift started. His name was Jay Jr. & he was big – 9 pounds! Most of the babies are in the 6 pound range. After I cleaned him up & his mother had settled into one of the postpartum beds, I gave him an injection – my first injection on a human. He didn’t cry or bleed!
A few hours later, in the early morning, a baby girl was brought into the world. I charted during the delivery, so am now ready to assist!
Later that day, Heidi, Chantal & I went shopping at various malls.
The first three pictures are of the crazy traffic….
The following pictures are of a main clothes department in the mall.
Good grief! I was thinking the Philippines was more of a third world country, but that mall certainly doesn't imply that!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your first injection on a human. When I was in the hospital with appendicitis they thought I was nice so they brought in a whole bunch of nurses in training wielding long needles to have a poke at me. I must say I was on the verge of bleeding and crying.
Tterbo
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE MOST WONDERFUL GIRL IN THE WORLD. I WILL MISS SEEING YOU ON YOUR BD, BUT IT IS WORTH IT TO SEE YOU DOING WHAT YOU WERE BORN TO DO. WE MISS YOU AND I AM SO THRILLED TO BE ABLE TO TALK TO YOU ON THE PHONE. MAYBE I WILL GET SKYPE GOING SOON. IT MAY BE MY CAMERA. WOW! ASSIST AND SOON TO BE A PRIMARY IN DELIVERY, THOSE LUCKY LITTLE BABIES AND THEIR MOMS. HUGS AND KISSES, GRANDMA AND PA
ReplyDeleteHAPPY BIRTHDAY JORDAN!!! Two decades old! wow! Do you feel old yet! haha
ReplyDeleteYou've done so much, my head get spinning just reading your about your adventures! Thank you for all the explanations on things. I have to go back and re-read them for reference or feel like a mid-wife myself by the time you're done! :) You look and sound so great! I can't imagine you could be happier than being surrounded with such good friends and babies...babies...babies! What if you make primary on your birthday!! That would be fun! Looking forward to hearing! Will celebrate with you over here! :) love you, Auntie Barbara