Sarah & I were accepted to go on an outreach with Ate Mary Jean. We will be living in the bush for 5 days! I am so excited! Most likely we will be fed rice 3 X a day with different toppings & sleep on the floor or on a wood bed with mosquito nets. They don’t have indoor showers, so we will shower in our swimsuits! It should be very exciting!
We will take a bus from here to Tagum, then a Jeepne to Kapalong, & finish out with a moterbike to Tagtopoot.
Once there we will visit 3-4 villages & in each one do prenatal care, health teachings, medical check-ups, play with the kids, and just be available for whatever Ate Mary needs.
I won’t have any internet or phone access, so you’ll have to wait till I get back for any updates/pictures.
What an adventure to look forward to!
ReplyDeleteTake lots of pictures so you and Sarah can share them with us when you get back!
Don't forget to bring lots of bottled water along.
notutopia