Wednesday, June 8, 2011

6/8/11 Day Shift

When I arrived, one patient was about ready to push.  With all my observations & chartings out of the way, I was allowed to assist.  It was harder then I thought…so many things to do, in short amounts of time!  Thankfully, the birth had no complications, &  Joy, Lizzy, & Makayla took turns helping assist me, or walk me through what to do. 

I gave the mother an injection – my first one on an adult & two injections to the baby boy.  I have found it to be much easier to give shots to humans then goats!

IMG_7217

IMG_7219

Makayla – the Primary midwife for this birth….. she is a great instructor!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first assist!
    The Lord is gracious and merciful! We rejoice with you on a safe and healthy delivery.
    LOL
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please explain,.... what was harder than you thought? Being in that position or actual duties?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jordan,
    Just wanted to say that we are enjoying following your blog. Miss you!

    Love, Uncle Steve, Aunt Steph, Kamryn, Bradyn, Julia, Rhoda, and Jojo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jord,
    I am so excited for you. I miss you but am glad that you have this wonderful oppertunity. Love you lots,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete