There are a lot of ants in our house, so any food that is around, even if it is sealed, will sometimes attract tons of hungry critters……so we washed these granola bars & hung them on the line! Everyone has asked us why we would hang food on the clothes line!! :)
Sarah cut Stephanie & my hair right before night shift started…she did a really good job!
This mother was very happy to have her picture taken with her son John Michael. (It is very common to have two first names, a middle name & a last name.)
I was put in charge of doing postpartum checks on this very fun couple. Their daughter had been born during swing shift & they all were doing very well.
Willia – on the left, was my teacher for the clinic/swing shift the day before, and I worked with her some this night shift. She is great! :)
Esteph is amazing!! (pictured on right)
On our shift, Sarah & I got to observe a baby girl be brought into the world. During the delivery, the baby’s heartbeats slowed down, so we turned the mother on her left side. Baby was born 2 minutes later. She was fine. In-between caring for my postpartum patient, Kateleen, and her daughter, I watched Joy suture the new mother up.
(Sarah Pinkerton, Joy, Zylene – the baby, Ruth, me, & Terri)
It is always a time for rejoicing when a new baby is brought into the world safe & sound.
Lydia Barnett & Stephanie
Willow – another 1st year college girl…..
The kitchen in MMC…..
The birthing rooms……
Up these stairs is the prenatal/teaching rooms & the Filipino midwives sleeping rooms…..
This hallway is where patients wait to be admitted, sign into the guest book, & receive a necklace with a tag stating if they are here for prenatal or postpartum exams, or a bantay (watcher) during labor.
One of the midwives & a guard……
The postpartum room….
The ambulance that transports women to the hospital….
Terry, the midwife who travelled here with us from the states!
The gates into Green House….Terri standing guard for us! :)
Our laundry drying outside…..we go through a lot of clothes due to the heat/humidity! :)
Your pictures and descriptions are really good! I feel like I am there.
ReplyDeleteEveryone seems to be happy with their beautiful smiles.
I'm glad your hair is cut... we never got to that did we?
The granola bars are hilarious.
Well I'm down to the wire and will be leaving in a few days, it has been alot of fun being a farmer : ) and I have bonded with lil Basil, probally the most. She jumped on my lap and laid down and drank her bottle, it was priceless.
I'm praying and planning for all of you to come visit in September Lord willing.
I've really enjoyed being a part of such a rich experience in your life, and will continue to cover you in prayer, blog, and yes I need to get going with skype so I can see all of you once in awhile.
"The Lord bless thee, and keep thee: the Lord make His face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: the Lord lift up His countenance upon thee, and give thee peace."
Numbers 6:24-26 I love you, Aunt Debbie
Hey, girl!
ReplyDeleteI haven't commented earlier because my computer has been abominably slow getting onto the Internet...when it would connect at all. :-( But it seems to be better now (knock on wood!), so I'm taking the opportunity to catch up on your adventures.
Oh, the granola bars! That made me chuckle. Thanks for the laugh.
What a lot of precious babies! John Michael's mama looks tired but happy. I love how the little guy seems to be looking up at her! So cute.
The weather finally got up to a decent temperature today: 80 in the shade--Yay! Though that's probably cool compared to what you all experience!
You're in our prayers. Keep the updates coming!
God bless,
~R
What a surprise to hear you on the other end of my phone, acutally your computer right to my ears. I was absolutly thrilled to hear you. Lots of hugs....Love Grandma
ReplyDelete