Sunday, June 5, 2011

6-5-11 Swing Shift

Our shift was dead for the first several hours, so I did a postpartum examination on a 3 day old mother & baby. 

John Michael & his parents 3 days old

The baby’s name is John Michael.  I have a picture of him on an earlier post.  Anyway, the mother remembered me & could speak English, so it made for a good first postpartum to do by myself. 

IMG_7207

When there are no labors or newborn checks to do, it makes for a great time to catch up on some sleep! :)

Auntie Elsa

Auntie Elsa is quite handy to have around.  She is very smart & knows how to do a lot, even if it isn’t directly related to midwifery.

Felix  

Felix’s wife had twins a few years ago & so found out about Mercy.  He has been working here ever since.

There was 1 baby boy born on my shift.  I got to chart this birth, so only have 1 more, before I can begin to assist.  Actually, according to Krys’ definition of assisting, I have been doing some all along, so it won’t be all new territory.

2 comments:

  1. Jordan,
    Thank you for answering my question!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on the postpartum!
    What is Auntie Elsa making?
    Is Felix mixing Plaster-of-Paris?

    Bro

    P.S. have u made it to vollyball?

    ReplyDelete