Tuesday, June 28, 2011

6/25/11 Swing Shift

Well, I was up first again as none of my previous labors had turned into deliveries, at least with me still on staff.  Anyways, one lady came in & I did all her vitals.  This was her first pregnancy.  She was only 1 cm dilated, so we sent her home after explaining to her when to come back.

  Another labor came in & I began the vital/history taking, but she was Stephanie’s continuity patient, so Stephanie took over.

Then a G2P1 – pregnant 2X, gave birth 1X - came in.  Her name was Jackie.  She was 3 cm dilated, so after taking all vitals, we sent her home with instructions on when to come home. 

For the last one, we were sitting down chatting, when we heard a taxi honking it’s horn.  Several of us donned on gloves & hurried out.  Thankfully she hadn’t delivered there, so we escorted her into Mercy & labor cubicle & I began taking vitals.  She was only 4 cms dilated & it was her first time, so not really that far along.  I endorsed her care to night shift. 

So far, I have had 6 labors – 2 sent home, 2 endorsed, & 2 transports.  Maybe next time will be the day!

1 comment:

  1. All wonderful experience along with the age old lesson...... patience. :-)

    ReplyDelete